Who Is This Course For?
This course is recommended for students that are in a management position in either land-based or sea based hospitality or catering. To register for this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above.
It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent and have completed Food Safety in Catering Level 2.
This course has been designed for:
- Supervisors/managers, future supervisors and managers in hospitality
- Senior management in food services
- Chefs, head stewards and stewardesses, catering managers
- Training managers, students
- Training staff and students
The course is an in-class lecture and guided assessment by a facilitator in a classroom environment.
Topics include ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
This is a 2 day theory course and one day practical.
On completion of the course, students will have a broad knowledge of the following:
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation and management procedures.
- Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, temperature control, personal hygiene and cleaning.
Address: 14 West Quay Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Coordinates: -33.910449, 18.421624
Phone: 021 501 0695