|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time||0 minutes|
|1/2 Chinese or green cabbage||1 Tbsp golden caster sugar|
|3 garlic cloves, crushed||3 Tbsp rice vinegar|
|2 1/2 cm piece ginger, grated||4-6 radishes, coarsely grated|
|2 Tbsp fish sauce (optional)||2 carrots, cut into matchsticks or coarse;y grates|
|2 Tbsp sriracha chili sauce or chili paste||4 spring onions. finely shredded|
- Slice the cabbage into 2.5cm strips.
- Tip into a bowl and mix with 1 Tbsp sea salt, then set aside for 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, make the kimchi paste by blending the garlic, ginger, fish sauce (if using), chilli sauce, sugar and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Rinse the cabbage under cold running water, drain and dry thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss through the paste, along with the radishes, carrot and spring onions.
- Serve straight away or pack into a large jar, seal and leave to ferment at room temperature overnight, then chill.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks – the flavour will improve the longer it’s left.