Vegetarian Kimchi Wraps
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|1 Tbsp olive oil||1 can black beans, rinsed, strained|
|1 cup onion, diced||1–2 spring onion, julienned|
|1 red bell pepper, diced||½ cup grated cheddar cheese|
|1 cup cauliflower rice or leftover rice||4 flour wraps|
|½ cup kimchi, strained and chopped||salt and pepper to taste|
|A few leaves iceberg lettuce, shredded||Sriracha chilli sauce|
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and pepper until tender. Add the rice, kimchi and black beans, stirring to combine. Add the julienned spring onion.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place the wraps on a baking tray (if using an oven) or a plate (if using a microwave) and sprinkle the grated cheese over the top. Place the wrap in the oven or microwave and warm until the cheese has melted.
- Divide the filling into the centre of the warm wrap, add some shredded lettuce, sriracha or chili garlic paste (optional). Wrap up by folding the bottom up and closing the sides
- Serve immediately!
- Ground beef, chicken, etc can be used to substitute the black bean if required. Add the meats to the onion and pepper or use leftover chicken breast or cooked mince.
- Instead of rice, you could use cauliflower rice.
- These can be made ahead and reheated for lunch.