Umbhako – Xhosa Pot Bread
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||45 minutes|
|Serves||1 medium size loaf|
|450g Cake Flour||3 tsp White Sugar|
|2 tsp Salt||355ml Warm Water|
|10g Instant dry yeast|
|1/2 cup frozen Corn, defrosted|
- Preheat the oven to 180.C and generally grease a loaf tin.
- Sift the Flour, Salt, Instant Yeast and Sugar into a mixing bowl, making sure that they are evenly distributed.
- Add the defrosted corn.
- Make a hollow in the centre and pour in the warm water
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the liquid in to the flour.
- Finish of mixing with your hands until you have a smooth dough that leaves the sides of the bowl clean.
- Transfer the dough to the loaf tin.
- Cover with a tea towel and put in a warm place to allow to double in size.
- When it has doubled in size, place in the oven for 45 minute
- Cool the bread on a wire rack