Triple Chocolate Muffins
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|120g bar semi-sweet chocolate||80g sour cream or plain yoghurt|
|115g butter||60g all-purpose flour|
|150g granulated sugar||32g unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2 large eggs, at room temperature||1/2 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp vanilla extract||180 – 200g semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 220’C
- Spray a 12-count muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners and set aside. You may need a 2nd pan or bake a second batch as this recipe make up to 14 muffins.
- Coarsely shop the chocolate. Place in a medium heatproof bowl along with the butter. Microwave on high in 10 second increments, whisking after each until completely smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, coca powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients and fold to completely combine, until there are no flour spots at the bottom of the bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be thick at this point.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each all the way to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 220’C then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 180’C. Bake for an additional 15- 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre come out clean. The total time these muffins take in the oven is about 20 – 22 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Muffins stay fresh stored at room temperature for a few days – then transfer to the fridge for up to 1 week.