Sweet Potato Pie
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||90 minutes|
|Standing/Marinating||1 hour – overnight|
|Serves||8 – 10 portions|
|1 1/4 cup flour||2 sweet potatoes, skin removed|
|1/2 cup shredded coconut||1/4 cup milk|
|1 firm banana, preferably refrigerated||1/4 cup aquafaba or egg white|
|3 Tbsp maple syrup|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 Tbsp cornstarch|
- Cut two medium sweet potatoes in half, place on a parchment-lined baking tray, and bake at 200’C until soft, about 30-40min. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 180’C. Lightly grease a pie pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- To make the crust, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Add in more flout if required until you have a pliable dough.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll out as thin as you need for it to fit the pie pan.
- Place in the pie pan and set aside as you prepare the filling.
- Blend together all the filling ingredients (except for the cornstarch) until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the cornstarch and blend a little longer.
- Pour into the pie crust and smooth out the top. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool, then let chill in the fridge, ideally overnight.
- Serve with cream once it has set.