Spicy Asian Chicken Crepe
|Preparation Time||25 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|600g chicken breast||Basting sauce:|
|6-8 spring onion, sliced down the centre||3cm Fresh Ginger|
|A bunch of Fresh coriander, whole||30ml peanut oil|
|About 200g of cucumber||60ml sweet chilli sauce|
|Hoisin sauce per crepe||30 ml teriyaki sauce|
|6 crushed garlic cloves||15ml sugar|
|Crepes:||1 large fresh chilli, seeded and chopped|
|250g flour||10ml tomato paste|
|5ml baking powder||Sea Salt and ground pepper to taste|
|1 egg||Serving sauce:|
|350ml cup water||Peanut coriander and sweet chilli dressing|
- Slice the chicken breast and soak in a bowl with the basting sauce for at least ½ hour.
- Heat 2ml peanut oil in a crepe pan and pour enough in to make a small crepe. Cook until golden brown. Set aside to keep warm.
- Place the crushed garlic cloves in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken breast in the sauce until all the pieces have cooked through. Be careful not to overcook.
- Julienne the veg and set aside.
Assemble the crepe as follows:
- Spread the hoisin sauce on the back of a spoon and wipe the crepe with this.
- Place some spring onion, cucumber, coriander and chicken in the crepe and fold over twice, to make a triangle.
- Serve with peanut coriander and sweet chilli dressing in a bowl or smeared on the plate.