Southern Fried Chicken
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|Serves||4 – 5 portions|
|8-10 chicken wings/drums/thigh||1 tsp cayenne|
|5 cups of plain flour||1 Tbls mustard powder|
|3 Tbls of paprika||1 Tbls celery salt|
|2 Tbls of white pepper||1 Tbls black pepper|
|2 Tbls garlic powder||½ Tbls oregano and thyme|
|2 eggs||1/3 Tbls sea salt|
|1 Tbls of ground ginger||1 cup Self-Rising Flour|
- Combine the flour and seasonings together.
- Mix three parts of a mix to one part of self-rising flour.
- Give the chicken an egg wash. (optional: Your favourite marinade)
- Rolling it in the seasoning and allow to stand for 5 min to dry.
- Gently drop it in a deep fryer or hot oil at 162.5C for five to six minutes.
- Finally, place in a pre-heated 80C oven, and give the chicken a final 90-second fry before serving.