Smokey Black Bean Soup
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||2 minutes|
|2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil||1 tsp smoked paprika|
|2 medium carrots, chopped||1 1/2 ground cumin|
|2 stalks celery, sliced||3 cups lower-sodium vegetable stock|
|1 medium onion, finely chopped||3 cans black or red kidney beans, undrained|
|1/4 cup passata||1/2 cup tinned corn|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed with press||Avocado chunks and coriander leaves, for serving|
- In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium-high.
- Add the carrots, celery and onion and cook for 6 – 8 minutes or until starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato puree/passata, garlic, cumin.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 – 2 minutes or until the garlic is golden and the tomato puree has browned.
- Stir in 1/2 cup stock, scraping up any brown bits.
- Transfer the contents of pan to slow-cooker or casserole dish along with the beans, corn, and remaining stock.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 2 hours.
- Serve with avocado and coriander.