Smokey Beef and Black Bean Tacos
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 minutes|
|500g beef mince||1 Tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped||30ml vegetable oil|
|100ml beef stock||Salt and Pepper to season|
|100ml red wine||400g can black beans, drained|
|50g tomato paste||Small bunch coriander, chopped|
|2 Tbsp chutney||6 – 8 taco shells|
|2 tsp Cape Herb and Spice smokey chipotle chilli||1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced|
|2 tsp Cape Herb and Spice Texan steakhouse spice||1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded|
|1 Tbsp sugar||soured cream, to serve (optional)|
- In a medium pot, heat a little oil over medium heat and fry the beef until browned lightly. Separate any clumps with a fork, as this will allow the flavours to bind better to the meat.
- Add the tomato paste and allow to simmer for a few minutes before adding the stock, chutney, red wine and sugar. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the meat is tender and the liquid in the sauce is well reduced. Re-season if necessary.
- Add the bolognaise sauce to lasagne, pasta, Mexican tacos and various other accompaniments.
- Add the beans, season and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Heat the tacos following pack instructions.
- Use the beef and bean mix to fill the tacos, top with slices of avocado or guacamole, shredded iceberg lettuce and a dollop of soured cream.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander.