|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||0 minutes|
|1 Tbsp olive oil||1 tsp chilli powder (depending on the heat of the Harissa)|
|½ onion, peeled and diced||1 tsp cumin|
|1 clove garlic, minced||1 tsp smoked paprika|
|200g potato, cut into small cubes||pinch of sugar|
|1 salad pepper, seeded and chopped||salt and pepper, to taste|
|4 cups ripe diced tomatoes, or 2 cans diced tomatoes||8 eggs|
|2 Tbsp tomato paste||1 ripe avocado, diced|
|½ Tbsp Harissa paste||½ Tbsp fresh chopped basil or parsley, to garnish|
- Place a deep large skillet or saute pan on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until it begins to soften. Add the garlic and continue to saute until mixture is fragrant.
- Add the dice potato and bell pepper, saute for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, Harissa paste, and tomato paste to the pan and stir until blended. Add the spices and sugar and stir, allowing the mixture to simmer for 5-7 minutes, until it starts to reduce. Check the potatoes to ensure that they are cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste or sugar for a sweeter sauce.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, making sure to space them evenly over the sauce.
- Cover the pan and allow the mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and the sauce has slightly reduced. Keep an eye on the skillet to make sure that the sauce doesn’t reduce too much, which and lead to burning.
- Garnish with shopped parsley or basil and the cubed avocado.