Seared Fillet Stack with Asian Dressing
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time||45 minutes|
|1kg Beef Fillet||Serving Sauce:|
|4 large brown mushrooms||1 Cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped|
|2 ripe avocados||4 Tbsp soy sauce|
|3 large potatoes, washed and thick sliced||1 Tsp sesame oil|
|300g rocket||2 Tsp light brown sugar or Palm sugar|
|Bean sprouts for garnish||1 Tsp chopped red chillies|
|Wild Rocket to plate||4cm fresh Ginger, grated|
|Basting sauce:||1 Tbsp Mirin (sweet rice vinegar)|
|40% Teriyaki Sauce||¼ cup Dashi (fish stock or alternately, use 1 Tbsp fish sauce)|
|40% Soya sauce||½ cup water|
|About 1 tsp Sesame Oil|
|3 fresh Ginger|
|2 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|Use about ½ cup of each sauce as a measure and top up to cover the meat.|
- Soak the fillet in a sauce for min. 1-6 hours, turning occasionally
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to about 200 DegC. Oil a baking dish and lay the potato slices on the baking tray. Cook the potato in the oven and cook until just starting to crisp.
- Sear the fillet in a hot wok or on an open fire all over and cook for about 5 -10 minutes, (depending on the thickness of the fillet and the required meat prep), turning on all sides.
- Remove the fillet and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Cook the brown mushrooms in a frying pan with a little oil and black pepper until just cooked. Remove and allow to cool long enough to slice them into strips. Set aside and keep warm for plating.
- Slice the fillet into slices across the fillet.
- Layer the ingredients on a plate, starting with a bed of rocket. Layer the potato, peppered mushrooms, fillet, then avocado in layers (you should be able to make two layers per person).
- Drizzle the serving sauce over the stack and garnish with bean sprouts
- Serve on a plate of wild rocket with roasted baby tomato.