Rooibos Malva Pudding
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|250g plain flour||Sauce:|
|400g white sugar||2 Cup/500ml cream|
|Pinch salt||250g butter|
|3 tsp Bicarbonate of soda||1 Cup/250ml sugar|
|60g/4 Tbsp butter||1 Cup/250ml water|
|3 Tbsp smooth Apricot jam||5ml Vanilla Essence|
|30ml/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar||2 rooibos teabags|
|4 eggs room temp|
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt and bicarb together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and apricot jam and add the vinegar.
- Add the eggs to the dry ingredients and together and mix until the eggs have been completely absorbed.
- Add the melted butter and jam mixture to the flour, add the milk and mix well to form a soft wet looking mix.
- Pour into a greased ovenproof casserole dish that takes about 5 litres
- Bake at 190 for 45 mins, until the mix starts turning dark brown and smells of caramel.
- While the mix is baking, melt the butter and sugar together. Add the remaining the sauce ingredients and add two teabags of rooibos. Alllow the tea to infuse for about 5-8 minutes, tehn remove the teabags.
- Pour about half the sauce over the pudding as it comes out of the oven so that it can absorb the mixture.