|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|500g fettuccine, linguini, or penne pasta||1 cup dry white wine|
|1 brown onion, chopped||1 fresh red chilli|
|400g tinned Italian tomatoes||1 tbsp sugar|
|10g tomato paste||50ml cream|
|2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil||coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste|
|3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped||100 g grated parmesan|
|1 tsp oregano||handful of shredded fresh basil leaves, to garnish|
|1 tsp thyme|
- Brown the onions with a little oil in a pot.
- Add garlic and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, chillies, and herbs, allow to simmer for approx. 10 – 15 minutes, and reduce slightly.
- Add the wine and sugar to taste.
- Add the cream, season with salt and black pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot, add salt and some olive oil.
- Cook the fettuccine to ‘al dente’. Drain the pasta.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with fresh basil, chopped chilli and grated parmesan.