Parmesan Rump Steak with Salsa Verde
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|4 pieces thick cut rump steak||20g tablespoon capers, drained|
|100g grated parmesan||8 anchovy fillets|
|30g Panko bread crumbs||2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped|
|1 tsp onion powder||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|salt and cracked pepper, to taste||1 Tbsp lemon juice|
|Salsa Verde||1 Tbsp red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped||1/2 cup quality olive oil|
|1/4 cup fresh basil, torn||salt and cracked black pepper|
- Place the parsley, basil, capers, anchovies, red onion and garlic into a blender and combine. Add the vinegar and blitz.
- Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil. Stir lightly so that the citrus juice and oil do not emulsify.
- Add the black pepper and salt to taste.
- Chill for 30 minutes until ready to serve. (Can be kept in a fridge for a week.)
- Prepare the steaks with seasoning and set aside.
- Mix the parmesan, panko crumbs and onion powder in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks until rare and place onto an oven tray. Spread a little salsa verde over the top of each steak and sprinkle with the parmesan mixture.
- Set the oven on grill and grill the steaks for a few minutes, until the parmesan starts browning.
- Remove and serve with grilled vegetables and roasted mushrooms.