Lamb Cutlets with Crispy Sage and
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
|12 lamb cutlets||75ml olive oil|
|1 bunch of sage leaves||1 Tbsp lemon juice|
|50g softened butter||2 Tbsp capers|
|Olive oil for frying|
- Heat a small frying pan with a about 1 cm oil to medium high heat. When hot, drop the sage leaves a small quantity at a time into the oil and fry them until they are crispy (when they stop sizzling). Set aside and drain on kitchen paper.
- Preheat the grill. Place the lamb cutlets on a grill tray with a rack and brush with half the butter. Season with salt and pepper
- Cook under the grill for 3-5 minutes on each side, brushing with the remaining butter when turned.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and capers with a twist of black pepper.
- Arrange the cutlets onto plates and pour any juices from the grill tray into the caper and quickly whisk again.
- Spoon the dressing over the lamb and sprinkle the crispy sage on top.
For a sweeter touch, tomatoes can be added to the caper dressing.
Serve with sugarsnap peas and steamed baby corn