Lamb Chops with Plum Marmalade on Butter Bean Mash
|Preparation Time||40 minutes|
|Cooking Time||0 minutes|
|Butter Bean Mash:||Lamb Chops:|
|400g butter beans, or cannellini beans||8 lamb chops, trimmed|
|4 garlic cloves, peeled||butter and olive oil|
|2 Tbsp olive oil||Marmalade Plums:|
|salt and milled black pepper||2 plums, quartered and stoned|
|1/2 tsp ground cumin||2 Tbsp brown sugar|
|pinch of smoked spanish paprika||1 Tbsp marmalade|
|juice of 1/2 lemon||4 Tbsp verjuice or dry white wine|
|small bunch of chives, finely chopped||1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard|
Butter Bean Mash:
- Drain the beans, tip into a food processor and blend with the garlic and olive oil until well mixed.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then mix in the cumin, paprika, lemon juice, and chives.
- Pin the chops with thin metal skewers to keep them nice and meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little butter and olive oil in a heavy pan until sizzling. Fry the chops, turning often, until done (pink). This should take about 5-6 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Toss the plums into a hot pan until lightly glazed and set aside.
- In the sauce pot, add the brown sugar, marmalade, verjuice or wine, and mustard, and cook until the sauce has thickened and well reduced.
- Add the plums and cook until the plums are soft but not falling apart. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the butter bean mash onto a warm plate, top with the chops, and spoon plums and sauce around.