Kimchi Glass Noodle Stir-fry
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|1 packs glass noodles (400g)||1 Tbsp chilli flakes (gochugaru)|
|200g beef steak, cut into pieces||1/2 Tbsp Korean chilli paste (gochujang)|
|1 cup aged Kimchi, chopped into small pieces and drained||1 Tbsp soy sauce|
|50g onion, thinly sliced||1 Tbsp honey|
|4-6 green onion, thinly sliced||1 Tbsp raw sugar|
|Sesame seed||1/2 tsp minced garlic|
|1 sheet nori, cut into strips||1 tsp sesame oil|
|50g Peanuts, roasted||1 tsp rice vinegar – add this if your Kimchi is not aged enough or if you want extra tanginess|
|Cooking oil||1 Tsp chicken stock powder|
|1/2 Tbsp Korean chilli paste (gochujang)|
|1 Tbsp soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp mirin|
|2 tsp grated ginger|
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the meat in a ziplock bag and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Boil the noodles per manufacturer’s instructions. Drain the water and set aside.
- Heat a pan/skillet on medium-high heat and once heated add some cooking oil and spread it thinly. Add the beef and cook for 2 to 3 mins. Remove and drain
- Add the onion and Kimchi and cook until they are wilted.
- Add the sauce and mix with the vegetables.
- Add the noodles and mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the green onions and stir lightly.
- Serve the noodles on a plate. Add ground black pepper, green onions, sesame seeds, peanuts and seaweed strips.
- Add a few drops of sesame oil (optional)