|Preparation Time||25 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|30ml vegetable oil||5ml black peppercorns, crushed|
|2 onions, roughly chopped||15ml sugar|
|1 lemon grass stalk, bruised||10ml ground turmeric|
|4 Thai Chillies, seeded and finely sliced||75g spinach, steamed and roughly chopped|
|4cm fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped||200ml coconut milk|
|3 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways and sliced||Salt|
|120g snake beans (long beans) or green beans||Chopped fresh coriander and mint leaves, to garnish|
|100g tender stem broccoli|
|Grated rind of 1 lime|
|10ml soy sauce|
|5ml rice vinegar|
- Heat a wok or heavy pan and add the oil. Once hot, stir in the onions, lemon grass, chillies and ginger.
- Add the carrots, snake beans & broccoli with the lime rind and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar.
- Add the crushed peppercorns, sugar and turmeric, then stir in the spinach.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander and mint.