Japanese Beef Tataki
|Preparation Time||60 minutes|
|Cooking Time||5 – 10 minutes|
|800g Beef Fillet, trimmed||Fish Sauce|
|Ground Salt & Black Pepper||Soy Sauce|
|Sesame Oil||2 x 10cm Fresh Ginger|
|Fresh Lime Juice||Bunch Coriander, with stems|
|Toasted Black and White Sesame Seeds|
- Trim the Fillet well, season with ground salt and pepper and paint with sauce.
- Fry gently for 1 minute a side rolling all the time so the edges do not harden.
- Once done allow to rest and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Tightly wrap in Cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove and slice very thinly.
- Give the slices a good squeeze of lime juice.
- Place 3 or 4 slices of beef on a plate, Dress with Lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil and Soya sauce.
- Sprinkle with topping and a wedge of Lime