Italian Cottage Pie
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|700g floury potatoes, sliced||140g pancetta or streaky bacon, cut into strips|
|2 Tbsp Willow Creek Basil Flavoured Olive Oil||2 oregano sprigs, leaves stripped, or 2 tsp dried oregano|
|25g butter||½ quantity beef with red wine & carrots (*See recipe)|
|50g Parmesan cheese, grated|
- First, make the Beef with Red Wine & Carrots Stew. (You will need half the finished Beef with Red Wine & carrots Stew for this recipe).
- Heat oven to 220’C.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10min until almost done.
- Drain well, then mix with the butter and half the Parmesan.
- In a large saucepan, fry the pancetta or bacon until golden.
- Stir in the fresh oregano leaves or dried oregano, then add the beef stew and heat through.
- Tip into an ovenproof dish and top with the cheesy potatoes, overlapping.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and bake for 20min until golden and crisp on top.
- Serve with a green salad (optional)