Fresh Spring Rolls
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||0 minutes|
|100g dried rice vermicelli||2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint|
|½ green mango or paw paw, cut into thin strips||1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce|
|6cm cucumber, cut into thin strips||2 Tbsp fresh lime juice|
|½ avocado, peeled and cut into thin strips||20-30 15cm rice paper wrappers|
|1 spring onion, thinly sliced||Sauce:|
|½ cup fresh coriander leaves||½ cup sweet chilli sauce|
|1 Tbsp fresh lime juice|
- Place vermicelli in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for 6-7 minutes or until soft. Drain well, then cut into 10cm lengths.
- Cut all the ingredients into lengths and place onto separate plates or bowls.
- Working with one piece of rice paper at a time, dip each wrapper in a bowl of warm water for 10 seconds to soften, then lay out on a flat work surface.
- Sprinkle some cut coriander and mint over the rice paper wrapper.
- Place about 1 Tbsp of the rice vermicelli onto the wrapper and add the vegetables, picking from each ingredient to make up what combination suits you. Add a teaspoon of chilli sauce and lime juice to each spring roll.
- Fold in the sides and roll up tightly to make sure that it doesn’t fall apart while eating. Repeat.
- Can be made up to a day ahead of time: layer with clingfilm and store in an airtight container.