Creamy Courgette Soup with Garlic Croutons
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||0 minutes|
|1 Tbsp. Olive oil||Croutons:|
|1 Onion, chopped||¼ Ciabatta loaf, torn into small chunks|
|600g Courgettes, chopped||4 Garlic Cloves, Skin on and roughly crushed|
|1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste||2 Tbsp. Olive Oil|
|350g Boursin Cheese (Garlic flavoured Cream Cheese) or alternatively use plain cream cheese||Salt and Pepper to season|
|350 ml Chicken Stock|
|2 Courgettes, sliced into ribbons|
- Sauté’ the onions in the Olive oil until translucent.
- Add the Courgettes and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Tomato Paste and Cheese, the heat will melt the cheese.
- When the cream cheese has melted pour in the Chicken Stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Using a hand held blender or liquidiser, puree’ the soup to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Heat a griddle pan and grill the Courgette Ribbons, set aside.
For The Croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 200.C
- In a large bowl toss the ciabatta pieces and garlic with the olive oil and seasoning.
- Spread them onto a baking tray and bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the creamy soup into bowls and top generously with grilled courgette ribbons and crispy croutons.