Chocolate Spring Rolls
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||3-5 minutes|
|1/2 cup heavy cream||12 spring roll wrappers (medium)|
|2 Tbsp butter||Water|
|350g bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces||1 eggs (sealing mixture)|
- Bring the cream and butter to the boil over medium heat. Sprinkle the chocolate over the butter mixture and stir until smooth. Allow to cool and refrigerate for about 3 hours, until set.
- Break the egg and separate the yolk from the white. Place the white into a small mixing bowl.
- Lay the spring roll rapper over a prep surface and mould the chocolate with a little water into a cigar shape.
- Roll the spring roil wrapper into a cigar shape as per a standard spring roll. Seal the edges with the egg white and place in the fridge until needed.
- Before cooking, allow the spring rolls to unfreeze for about 15 minutes. Deep fry in hot oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with ice cream
- The spring rolls can be made beforehand and frozen until required.