Chicken and Pumpkin Laksa
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 minutes|
|100g rice noodle sticks||50g/¼ cup unsalted peanuts, toasted and chopped|
|15ml/1 Tbsp peanut oil||Coriander leaves, to garnish|
|250g butternut, cut into 1 cm squares||1 lime, cut into squares|
|800ml/2 cans coconut milk||Paste|
|600g chicken breast fillet, cut into cubes||2 bird’s eye chillies or Thai red chillies|
|30ml/2 Tbsp lime juice||2 stems lemon grass|
|15ml/1 Tbsp fish sauce||1 medium red onions, peeled|
|100g bean sprouts||3-4cm fresh ginger root, chopped|
|30g torn fresh basil||5ml/1 tsp ground Turmeric|
|10g torn fresh mint|
- Par-boil the butternut for 3 minutes in a pot of water to soften slightly.
- Meanwhile, place all the paste ingredients into a blender with 1 Tbsp water and blend well.
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 15-20 minutes and drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok and swirl to coat. Add the paste and stir over low heat for 5 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add the butternut and coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- Divide the noodles into four deep bowls and ladle on the soup.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, basil, mint, peanuts and lime.
- Serve hot with lime wedges.