Chewy Chocolate Fudge Cookies
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 minutes|
|Serves||15 – 20 portions|
|1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate||1 1/4 cup cake flour|
|155g butter||3 tbsp cocoa powder|
|3/4 cup granulated sugar||1 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 cup light brown sugar||sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)|
|2 large eggs|
- Preheat the oven to 180’C
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To melt the chocolate mixture, add chocolate and butter to a large, heatproof bowl and place over a pot of simmering water. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl; you don’t want to submerge the bottom of the bowl in simmering water.
- Whisk the chocolate and butter together as it melts. Once melted, turn off the heat and place the bowl on a heatproof surface too cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, or a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 5 minutes.
- While the eggs and sugars are mixing, whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder in a large bowl, until well blended.
- Once the sugars and eggs have been mixing for exactly 5 minutes, pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl and mix for about a minute, then slowly add the dry ingredients mix into the bowl and mix just until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough (it will be wet and gooey) to form cookies on the lined baking sheets, leaving about 5cm of space between each cookie, as the dough will spread.
- If desired, sprinkle a little sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 180’C for 11 – 12 minutes, then remove and allow them to sit on the baking sheet for at least 15 – 20 minutes before eating. The centre will be soft and fudgy.