|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30-40 minutes|
|600g Chicken fillets, cut into chunks||1 cup (150g) raw cashew nuts|
|80 gm Butter||2 tsp garam masala|
|2 large Brown Onion, chopped||3 tsp. coriander|
|3cm stick Cinnamon stick||3/4 tsp. chilli powder|
|4 Green Cardamom pods, bruised||1 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. Paprika||6 cloves garlic, chopped|
|400g can Tomato Puree||1 Tbsp fresh ginger|
|3/4 cup /180 ml Chicken stock||2 Tbsp white wine vinegar|
|250ml fresh cream1||1/3 cup (80 g) Tomato paste|
|250ml Bulgarian/plain Yogurt|
- Brown lightly the raw cashew nuts and coriander in a small frying pan. Add the chilli powder and Garam Masala and heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Blend or process the garlic, ginger, white wine vinegar, tomato paste, salt and yoghurt with the cooked spices until just smooth.
- Combine the nut mixture and chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cook the onion, cinnamon and cardamoms in butter in a large saucepan, stirring until browned.
- Add the chicken mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the paprika, tomato puree and stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and a little butter can be seen floating on top.
- Remove and discard cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add cream just before serving and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and paprika and serve hot.