Baked Ginger Apples/Pears with Creme Fraiche
|Preparation Time||0 minutes|
|Cooking Time||0 minutes|
|6 apples or pears, cored and halved||cinnamon sticks|
|fresh thumb of ginger, finely grated||2-4 Tbsp think brown sugar, demerara preferably|
|knobs of butter||1 pot of Creme Fraiche|
|drizzles of verjuice||mint, to garnish|
- Place the cored and halved fruit into an ovenproof dish to fit snugly.
- Liberally sprinkle the grated fresh ginger over the fruit, followed by the sugar.
- Drizzle verjuice over the fruit to coat the bottom of the dish.
- Place a knob of butter on each piece of fruit and throw some cinnamon stick into the dish.
- Oven bake until cooked and caramelised – about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the fruit. Smaller will take less time.
- Once baked, transfer to a bowl and drizzle the remaining sauce in the dish over the portions.
- Top with a dollop of Creme Fraiche, garnish with mint and some berries for colour, and serve.