Aubergine Stack with Halloumi, Balsamic Glaze & Tomato Pesto
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||70 minutes|
|1 large aubergine, cut into 1cm-thick discs||1 Tbsp balsamic glaze|
|olive oil||a handful of rocket leaves|
|3 Tbsp fresh sundried tomato pesto||1 Tbsp cashews, toasted|
|1 Tbsp red wine vinegar||crusty bread, to serve|
|Halloumi cheese, cut into 16 slices|
- Coat the aubergine slices on either side with the olive oil, and griddle on each side until completely softened and slightly charred.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper and season.
- Place the Halloumi onto the griddle pan or into a frying pan and cook until browned. Flip and brown on both sides.
- Mix the pesto with the red wine vinegar.
- Layer the aubergine with a slice of Halloumi cheese, pesto and a few rocket leaves in between.
- Scatter with Cashew nuts.
- Drizzle the Balsamic Glaze and a little olive oil over the stack and serve with a few more rocket leaves and crusty bread.