Aubergine Salad with Salsa Verde
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|3 large aubergine, sliced into 4, length ways||1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped|
|olive oil||1/4 cup fresh basil, torn|
|1/2 butter or cos lettuce||20g Tbsp capers, drained|
|8 anchovy fillets|
|2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 Tbsp lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup quality olive oil|
|salt and cracked black pepper|
- Place the parsley, basil, capers, anchovies, red onion and garlic into a blender and combine. Add the vinegar and blitz.
- Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil. (Stir lightly so that the citrus juice and oil do not emulsify).
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve. Can keep in the fridge for a week.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the aubergine slices with oil and season well.
- Cook the aubergines in batches for 4-5 minutes until really charred and softened.
- Keep warm in a low oven while you griddle the rest.
- Put 3 or 4 butter lettuce leaves on each plate, top with some chargrilled aubergine and drizzle with the dressing.